The following offences are Summary only motoring offences and can be dealt with at a single hearing.
- Driving over the speed limit.
- Failure to stop after an Accident.
- Failure to exchange details after an accident.
- Failure to provide details of driver on request.
- Failure to provide insurance details on request.
- Failure to be in proper control of your car.
- Driving over the prescribed limit of alcohol or drugs.
- Using a handheld device whilst driving.
- Driving without due care and attention.
- Being in charge of a vehicle whilst over the prescribed limit of alcohol or drugs.
- Driving without insurance.
- Driving whilst disqualified.
We charge a fixed fee for a summary only motoring offence dealt with in one hearing. The fees are as follows:
Fixed fee for guilty plea
For Half a Day at Court
Fixed fee is £600 (including VAT charged at 20%)
Full Day at Court
Fixed fee is £1200 (including VAT charged at 20%)
Fixed Fees include:
- 2 hours attendance/preparation:
- Considering evidence
- Taking your instructions
- Providing advice on likely sentence
- Attendance and preparation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court
The fee does not include:
- Instruction of any expert witnesses
- Taking statements from any witnesses
- Advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
- Advice and assistance in relation to any appeal.
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost of £360 including VAT charged at 20%) for each witness statement.
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at court for half a day or a full day depending on the complexity of your matter and when your matter is called on.
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
Kofi Aduku – Director
Kofi Aduku is the head of our Crime Department and has more than 10 years’ experience in criminal law work. He qualified as a solicitor in 2011 and is an accredited Duty Solicitor. He will have conduct of Motoring Offences work. He has represented several defendants in Motoring Offences under the duty solicitor scheme.